Merry Christmas!

This morning I was grateful. I try to be grateful every morning, but this morning was especially different. Not just because I was able to wake up without an alarm, but because my body instinctively knew that I did not want to sleep in.

Or maybe I'm crazy.

I tried to turn over and sleep longer, aware that this would be the last time in a week, and potentially after next week not until mid-May, that I would be able to sleep without an alarm.

But I could not do it. I was a little stressed that work would call me in, a little stressed that I had fallen asleep earlier without meal prepping, for whatever reason, I am grateful. I am grateful for the opportunity to work to build my dreams.

I got my meal prep in before my work out, I went to my beautiful wonderful 24-hour bro gym and pumped out an awesome leg work out thanks to Neil Hill, and I even got a compliment on said pump.

I am sitting here, not stressed about time, letting my hair dry, thinking about seeing my wonderful parents, grandparents, and anyone else who decides to join in our fun.

Even more exciting, my best friend will be released from the hospital on Christmas Day and be able to enjoy her day with her fiance and puppies at home.

2016 is ending well for me. But I might be lying to you if it hadn't been good to me all year, I just wasn't listening.

Why do we wait until the holidays to say I love you? Why do we wait until someone gives us a gift to say we're grateful for their being? Why did I not feel the Christmas spirit until this morning?

I have to spend time today to say thank you to everyone who has taught me anything, and if you even passed me for one second, I'm sure if I was listening there was a lesson to be learned. But I also need to apologize if I was too busy to be present. I need to apologize for putting myself first.

If I can help you, I want to. Stewardship gives me life.

So Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Day Off Work. I appreciate you and your being. Thank you for allowing me to know you.

 When your bestie says she's going home, but you're in between sets.
 Butt sweat.
 I have literally saved this shirt for a whole year...
 All the sets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Critical Observation: Part 6

Open Communication in the OR