Simply Protein

Sounds pretty simple right?

Today I had spare time and spent it rewriting my diet and figuring just exactly how to increase my carbs and decrease my fat for the New Year challenge.

What's the New Year challenge? My personal goal to hit 15% body fat by May 1st.

Why? Non-a-yas.

Jk. Mostly because 15% body fat has been my overreaching goal for the past 2 years, simply unobtainable as I spend most of my days whining about being hungry, not working, working too much, or just not paying attention.

Anyways. I'll write a post about the science behind my trainer Eric and Eric Helms' approach to dieting later, but for now, I want to educate you really quickly on the science behind food labels.

They suck. Unless you understand them.

So my fat % of my diet reaches all time highs of 40% some days. I like eggs. I like Quest bars.

So I did some research today and was lucky enough to be able to sample Simply Protein bars before buying a 15 pack or deciding to switch.

Back up. I need protein bars because they are quicker and easier than a shake, which I can mix sometimes, but not all the time. And I make my own protein bars, but they are usually more carbs than protein and must be refrigerated, not necessarily available in my life. 

So anyways. Shameless plug. http://simplyprotein.com/find-yourself/by-ingredients/low-fat/peanut-butter-chocolate-12-bar-box

These bars are low in fat and fiber, two of my biggest challenges with Quest bars fitting into my macros. That being said, Quest bars will still probably find their way into my high-carb days since they taste like candy.

That also being said, Simply Protein bars are not candy. None of your regular diet should be candy. Message and repeat - just because it tastes good does not mean it should be part of your daily diet.

You are dieting for a reason right?

Anyways. The Simply Protein bars are tasty and edible, albeit a little less candy-like than Quest bars. But that's more than some of the bars I've tried. Therefore I'm putting them out there as a PSA for all you folks out there wondering.

Thoughts? What are your go-to easy snack sources? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Critical Observation: Part 6

Open Communication in the OR