Me and My Diet

Just because I thought it would be a cute title.

Anyways. I wanted to go into more detail about how I figured out my macros for the day. I am going to cut like I am preparing for a show on May 1st. Bar none, there might be a show in May that I actually get to do. Either way, I get the experience.

So I utilized Eric Helms' The Muscle and Strength Pyramid: Nutrition to figure out my baseline calories and macros, then Myfitnesspal to figure out my macros. Here we go.

Eric says my baseline is pounds of body weight x 10 x activity level (slightly active) = 140 x 10 x 1.3 = 1820 calories/day.

Cool cool, so what does that mean?

He breaks up into cutting versus gaining, which only differs in the amount of grams of protein per body weight and finding a percentage of fat that works well with your diet, then the remaining calories go to carbs.

As such - 154-182 g protein, 30-50 g fat, 159-293 g carbs.

Okay cool cool, how do I get that?

So I messed around with Myfitnesspal. Anyone who knows me knows that I've already got my daily stuff plugged in with mild adjustments (also something he kinda doesn't recommend, but I like what I eat and I eat what's easy).

So I figured out the macros of the things I'm not willing to give up - my 1st Phorm Level 1 pancake, workout stack, and ice cream. Then the things I find easy to make, turkey, chicken, sweet potatoes. Then I had to figure out quick snacks, unlike my Level 1 baked refrigerated goods and my super-high-in-fat Quest bars.

That's where the Simply Protein bars come in and stay.

Lol lol lol. Now we get to see me struggle with carb cycling, doesn't that sound fun?

Any questions, I'm here to help. <3 MAA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Critical Observation: Part 6

Open Communication in the OR