Gathering Evidence

My entire life has been cursed with the impatience of a 20-something-year-old with a lot on her mind and too little experience to make something of herself.


That's what I thought at least, going down the hallways of high school impatiently waiting for the "permission" to go to college. Or when I would sit and sigh in non-nursing pre-req classes waiting for "permission" to start nursing school.


Even still, waiting for permission to start PhD-inspired research or waiting for my inconsistent diet to finally materialize into the perfect body (I assume everyone knows that such an amazing personality as mine deserves a rockin' body to match).


But the more I listen to others who have paved their own path, the more I realize that I flat out, down right, sickeningly, do not need to wait for permission.


Yes, I do need to have aggressive patience as Andy Frisella calls in on his podcast, the MFCEO Project, but there are so many things that I have not been doing to further my own path. I have been waiting for school or others to tell me I can do something else.


Without a goal I feel worthless.


Therefore I need a goal.


This semester, I will create a sample research project on my idea of self-care in my friends in the OR who offer their time.


The results will lead me down the path of how to help motivate, inspire, provide guidance, more information, better information, ... I'm not sure what my friends need. What I needed was someone who told me if I do a, b, and c, there is no way I can fail. I just needed the path laid out for me.


But I cannot wait anymore. I must take the axe myself.


So. I will do a ROL on self care and ask the Parkland Research department for help on a QI and study on a product.


Let's not wait to be great, let's just get out of our own way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Open Communication in the OR

Critical Observation: Part 6