Do Enough? I am Enough

One of my greatest achievements is doing. I take pride in doing. I want to be known as a doer.

I build my confidence through my ability to achieve. It makes me happy to take something from nothing and make it great.

It helps that I'm a developer, so one of my favorite things to do is assist someone else in achieving their dreams.

Mostly because I did not get here alone. Not by a long shot. I got a mentor for every day of the week and every poison I've decided to try.

I like to do. That does not mean become a master or "finish". There is always more to learn.

So there are a couple of ideas that have been rolling in my head. I need to write these down. I cannot let these ideas go to waste.

Take or leave them, this is what I do.

I make lists. Lists for what needs to happy with a due date. Lists for what needs to happen today, in the order they'll occur. Sometimes I have a good timeline estimate, sometimes I don't. Lists for what will happen this week in a timeline with due dates.

Lists make me happy. It clears my headspace and lets me think about the next step more clearly.

I'm focused.

Then I focus. I'll eat, get my water, get gum. I'll make sure I have a timer if there's something to do that I may forget. I'll put my phone on silent too if I think I may get distracted. I'll open a new broswer window so I don't see facebook flashing at me for attention.

My attention is money. I must protect it.

And I'll sit with my thoughts frequently. This is kindred to a journal. This is my focus list for the summer. I have to get the ideas down so I can move on without them. That's the thought anyway.

So my list, for your review:

Wed - 1 inservice/donuts/flyer, interview, abstract? MG forms, yoga?
Thurs - Eric, MG, school (bck/sign/group), TH, resident, eCh
Fri - 1 gym, grade?
Sat - Europa <3
Sun - 7/7 look at Wed data?
Mon - school, research, yoga
Tues - Eric, bck, journal
Wed - 1 inservice, data
Thurs - Eric, Rosie, 3333, analysis

It seems like a lot, maybe a little OCD, but in truth, I know how much time each will take and I plan my social events occordingly. If I need something done before Monday morning? It needs to get done Thursday between noon and 1700. Doable. Now I know my limits.

I make things up when I don't want to write out the whole thing. Especially if they happen frequently, I'll know what they mean to me.

New action plan:
Go back to self-reflection journalling at night. It's proven.
Goals in bathroom mirror. 15%, research career, sanity

Make myself better to give back to the world better. Give my friends what they need to feel life satisfaction. Listen. Never doubt that my worth is my existence. I am here for a reason.

<3 #dogoodonly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Critical Observation: Part 6

Open Communication in the OR