How I Got Started


How I got started:

I started.
I asked for help and I received guidance.
Never take for granted those who are willing to allow you to kickoff their success.

When I got into perioperative nursing, I went directly into the AORN organization because I was conditioned in school that it was my duty.
I took her, Mrs. McMenamy, seriously.
I’ve never regretted that decision.

The first meeting I went to I was treated like a princess. They asked me for help and I worked hard and ended up in Anaheim in DisneyLand on the National Awards Committee.

I kept grinding. I kept working. There was always something new to learn, to do, to help.

But it wasn’t enough for me to rise. I wanted everyone there with me. I wanted to see the sunshine with everyone who has supported me. I wanted to taste that success, but it would mean nothing without my backbone support group.

If I ask you to look inside, it’s because I know the struggle of focusing on the outside.

If I ask you to ask for help, it’s because I know the pain of “not being enough”.

If I ask you to focus on yourself in order to love better, it’s because I know how it feels to give until you have nothing but your last breath left.

I know. I know. I know.

I’ve done this.

I’ve done this before. And if I haven’t, I have a huge support group of successful people to ask for help. For the both of us.

The better I help you, the better this world becomes.

And that’s the game plan.

Girl Scout aside, there is nothing better than leaving people with more self-confidence than you found them.

You are my rock. Let me be yours.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Leadership: Part 8

Critical Observation: Part 6