Counting Macros

Somebody asked how I track macros and I thought I would share my journey. Obviously, things have changed and it's easier today than when I started. That's normal. Keep pushing. Keep learning. This is for you and your happiness. Never forget. :) 

Now I track as I go. 

But I used to just sit w MyFitnessPal and put in what I thought and look at the macros until they lined up how I wanted. So I would put in 100 g of rice, and my daily carbs would be too high if I also wanted a quest bar. So I would decrease until I could fit the quest bar in. Then I would meal prep and weigh out that many grams of rice. 

And I would be so disciplined. I would figure out when I could eat and when I would eat what and set a timer if i thought I would want to eat too early or forget bc I was working - I would say eggs in the morning around 7, lunch hopefully at 11 w salmon and rice, then I’ll be going home (1500ish) so I need a bar so I’ll eat the quest bar, I want the max carbs after working out so i would say I’ll go to the gym around 1900 so I’ll get a protein snack around 1800 (protein shake w oatmeal), then come home to salmon and rice. Then I’d see what I have left over (usually another protein shake or peanuts). 

When I work 12s I usually leave a protein shake or peanuts for a 1700 snack and eat salmon at 11 and 1500 and the quest bar 1900 to the gym. Post Work out shake always and maybe another protein shake before bed. 

But I’m trying intuitive eating so if I’m not hungry, and I haven’t hit macros, I still don’t eat.


As always, let me know if you have questions. :) 

#dogoodonly #selflovealways

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Critical Observation: Part 6

Open Communication in the OR