Affirmation #1: You will succeed.

My diet was super strict so I wouldn’t suggest it. I lost friends and time trying to learn who I was while putting in the same time twice a week cooking the same food.

But now that I’ve made a decision to be more flexible and really count macronutrients, not calories either, my life has been a huge rollercoaster that tumbles when school and work and family stress me out (Emotional Eating 101) and shines bright when I have a few extra hours to actually count macros before the day starts (I like routine).

Surprises mess people up. But if you plan for surprises, then expectations are high and you will succeed.

Even if you don’t like routine, there are things you do every day and you do them regardless. You wake up. I hope you pee and brush your teeth. At some point you put on “outside” clothes (even if you slept in them) and you do some work, any kind of work. Then you come back home and get on the social media or the TV or personal emails and you eat (sometimes more than once a day).

It baffles me that this became your routine yet you hate routine. How? Because you were raised that this is how the 24 hours are supposed to be spent and you never looked back.

Argue with society. Make your 24 hours work for you. If you don’t like some minutes you spend doing x activity, change those minutes. If you don’t like how the routine makes you feel, change the routine. But do not tell me that you cannot get into the meal prep routine. You can, you’re choosing not to.

I hope, some day soon, you choose to pick the routine for health and wellness. Because you’re worth the success.

You will succeed.

Affirmation #1: You will succeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Open Communication in the OR

Critical Observation: Part 6