Life

Life has a funny way of telling you that you're wrong.

This weekend my best friend went through a 10 hour surgery. Now she's recovering, and the realization that I have a fantastic, huge support group has really hit home.

I was the only friend waiting for her to get out.

I was the only friend who imposed her, the family, the nurses, and came to the hospital.

I know I'm not the only one concerned, I told people she was fine on facebook when they asked.

And don't get me wrong, if it were me in that room I would ask everyone to leave.

But it made me so grateful for the ones who wouldn't listen.

Let your people know you love them, even when there are goals that distract you from their attention.

This life is far too short to wait for the event that makes you realize you haven't said "I love you" enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Open Communication in the OR

Critical Observation: Part 6