Obesity

 What happens when you see that vending machine? And you realize just how tired you are. Just how exhausted that case made you? How you really deserve a pick-me-up even though you know you're having spaghetti tonight and maybe that glass of wine too, maybe some cake if you can swing it?

How you really deserve this candy bar. Right. Now?

 When I first started my fitness journey, it was absolutely torturous to go out with friends. I couldn't say no, my will power wasn't strong enough. I wanted to eat like they did, feel the comfort and comrodary.

But now Harvard Public School of Health has really done it. They've explained every tenticle in our obesity epidemic. It's an epidemic I promise you.

When children don't even know what sunlight is, it's an epidemic.

I know that we are not perfect, and humans will most likely choose the path of least resistance.

I'm not trying to change those that are happy where they are (although I will get to them since I am backhandedly paying for their quadruple bypass while paying extra for my organic chicken).

I'm trying to save whoever wants to learn self-control. I want to help whoever is tired of feeling sick every day.

You don't have to. Yes it takes more self-control, but Harvard might have something to do with making it harder for the nation to be so focused on food and be more forgiving with health.

Wouldn't that be an awesome world?

I know I'm excited. 





“Changing the world may have been utopic,” he says, “but changing public health was possible.” - Pekke Puska


https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/obesity/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nutrition%20Source%20-%20June%202017%20(1)&utm_content=

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Open Communication in the OR

Critical Observation: Part 6