HIIT

Something I really love about the gym is that I am never bored. I don't do the same activities because my trainer focuses on function and performance, not just strength or aesthetics.


When I train on my off days, I use the same theory of your body's ability to adapt to make sure I'm doing something completely different every day. Even if it's just the number of reps or the circuit of the machines, ever little bit helps.


When I get to the gym, I have my pre work out and foam roll. I'll spend 10ish minutes warming up but it depends on how much time I have and my goals for the session as to what I do. I'll either run a mile, do a few rounds of sprints, do a few rounds of kick boxing dynamic stretches, or do a warm up set at light weight/high reps if I don't have a lot of time.


HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training
30 seconds on - push as hard as you can
1 minute off - get heart rate back down, somewhere around 110-140
5-10 rounds


Whatever you do, HIIT warm ups can be a great way to start a session (but remember this is about 10-20 minutes of hard work, and it takes time to build up endurance to continue to work out afterwards).


HIIT can be just cardio, but anything that makes you work as hard as possible for 30 seconds and rest for a minute can be considered HIIT.


If you're wanting major body changes, I would encourage you to look into incorporating light weights or ropes or military-style sandbags into your HIIT work out.


Check out this article for a few weight lifting styles, but take their advice for having a spot to get those last few reps to make sure the work out is considered HIIT.


https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/hit-mass-3-day-split

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perioperative Nurse Residencies

Open Communication in the OR

Teamwork: Part 3